For over a year I had collected fibers from frayed fabrics with the idea to make nests. When I had enough to get started, I added tiny leftover pieces of fabrics and laces and just kind of mashed everything together. Then I formed nests. To achieve more stability, I poked my largest crochet needle into random spots and crocheted small bundles of threads together. I placed my finished nests onto old rusty bed springs.
I love my cast-iron rooster. He is a flea market find from some years ago.
The birdie sits on a vintage tobacco tin and I tried to make him believe that this is a nest. It seems to have worked out, lol.
My bunny on the spring was a happy accident. When the top ring of a spring broke off, I got the idea to let the bunny sit on it. Now he is able to jump even higher and further than before. That will speed up the Easter egg delivery ;-).
Happy Easter, dear friends!